Sunday, September 20, 2009

Graduating

I was asked recently if I am actually aware that I am graduating, if the reality of that event is still far off or if I know it is close. That is a strange question to try to answer (and the asker knew it). The whole thing is made even more difficult becasue I am planning to go overseas for the Spring to teach English *crosses fingers and thinks good thoughts*. I am really fine with the whole "real world" concept, with working, and such. I thought I wouldn't be, but I think the last year has really changed me a lot. I was afraid before of graduating and losing a lot of friends, being alone. I realize now that the ones I would lose have already been lost, and those who will stick with me will do so whether I am graduated or not. Being in Mexico and coming back did a lot to show me who was in each of those groups. I have, in the last few weeks, become very comfortable with the idea of graduation. There are still a few anxious points: will I actually be able to maintain friendships with people who are still in school?, I will miss school, the learning, but think I will also have an opportunity to learn a lot of things I couldn't before.

I have some difficult choices to make in the coming weeks and months, and I would like the prayers of anyone who reads this (I only actually know of one person who has ever looked at it, but maybe there are more of you I don't know about). I am well.

No comments:

Post a Comment